Google Tag Manager consists of 3 main parts:
2) Triggers – define when a particular tag is turned on
3) Variables – receive and store information used by tags and triggers.
By adding GTM to your website, you can benefit in several ways:
- Easy tag management: GTM simplifies the process of adding, managing, and updating tags on your website. You can add third-party tags like Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, and AdWords Conversion Tracking with ease, without needing to involve a developer.
- Better data accuracy: By using GTM, you can ensure that your tracking codes are correctly implemented, minimising the risk of data discrepancies and inaccuracies.
- Improved website performance: By using GTM to manage your tags, you can reduce the amount of code on your website, resulting in faster load times and improved user experience.
- Flexibility and scalability: GTM is a flexible and scalable solution that can accommodate the changing needs of your business. You can add and remove tags as needed, without requiring code changes, and customise your tracking based on your specific business goals.
The most powerful feature of GTM is to assist in conversion tracking. This is tracking website visitors who have performed a conversion event such as submitting a contact form, performing a click-to-call action on a phone number, or clicking an email address in order to make contact by email.
Setting up conversion tracking allows you to gain valuable insights into how users interact with your website, and most importantly which marketing channels are attracting users who are most likely to contact you regarding your products and services. For example if more of your enquiries come from users who find the website through Google Ads or Organic Search than from Social Media, you may consider adjusting your advertising efforts to focus more on Google advertising and SEO and less on Social Media Marketing and Facebook Advertising.
Taking it one step further, you can find the best converting keywords in your Google Ads campaign or best converting landing pages from organic search, and prioritise these accordingly. This can help you improve your conversion rates and the return on investment of your digital marketing efforts.
Overall, adding Google Tag Manager to your website can help you gain valuable insights into your website visitors’ behaviour, improve data accuracy, and optimise your digital marketing efforts for better results.
Do you need help with Google Tag Manager and setting up conversion tracking? Feel free to contact our team today at 0800 237 665!